Greener Pastures offers rehabilitation to our canine, feline and equine patients. After a patient has been examined by a doctor who feels that he or she would benefit from rehabilitation, they are then seen by our Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practioner or CCRP, Edie Steider. We are one of the only Veterinary Practices in Western Pennsylvania that has a CCRP for canine Rehabilitation. We will examine your pet and decide which course of treatment is best.
We have a low level laser that is used for most rehabilitation patients. It promotes healing and it helps release natural pain relief within the body. There is no heat produced and the patient doesn't feel anything while being treated. Click Here to see our laser in action.
Other frequently used modalities include cold and heat therapy, passive range of motion exercises and a numerous variety of other exercises. Orthopedic patients receive this type of rehabilitation as well as using a land treadmill. Click Here to learn more about our treadmill.
Rehabilitation can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Arthritis - Rehab/Laser can improve your pet's quality of life by reducing pain
- Pain Management - helps muscle fibers and relieves muscle spasms
- Disc Disease - helps with pain and inflammation
- Wounds - helps shorten the time of wound healing and reduces pain at the same time
- Muscle Injuries
- Edema and/or swelling
- Tendon Injuries
- Post-Op Orthopedic Surgeries - promotes healing